Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Yard work begins!

So, as a home owner I now have the unfortunate task of lawn upkeep. This endeavor was made more difficult by the fact that we do not own a lawn mower or weed-whacker. Luckily my future father-in-law was generous enough to let me borrow his lawn mower and other lawn equipment. However, upon examination of the grounds, I noticed we seem to have a poison ivy AND poison oak problem. NOT COOL! I realize that everything has its place in Disney's trademark Circle of Life, but is there really a need for Poison Ivy, Oak and Sumac? Is there any creature that is dependent for existence on these plants? If all of the leafy evils were cast into hell, would the world start to spin off balance and out of control? Would the eradication of this wicked greenery cause the fabric of life as we know to unweave and crumble? I say forgot the cure for the common cold find a way of genetically erasing this blemish from the surface of the world. And don't give me this "the market for anti-itch creams would diminish to the point of pharmaceutical companies going bankrupt." First of all, DUMB! Second of all, only about 15% of the American population is allergic to the damn plants (I found that figure online, go check it out if you don't believe me). Third of all, there are enough other damn skin irritants and hemorrhoid cases to keep anti-itch creams flowing out of CVS like vomit out of a college co-ed on a Thursday night.
+ PLEASE NOTE The images featured here in this blog were harvested from the web and are of Poison Ivy, Poison Oak and Poison Sumac (in that order). They are not pictures that I took of the growth on my property. Although, I could have posted some nasty pics featuring wildly overgrown poisonous foliage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home