Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Kitchen Renovations

On Sunday, we started renovations on the kitchen of the new home. Though I have no pre-work pics, I do have some post Day 1 and Day 2 shots. This work we are doing ourselves!

The sink area has the exact same chrome trimmed formica counter top (though I can't remember what color) and cabinets I had growing up in PA (except mine were orange, bright orange!)
AND the exact same handles.
Our authentic genuine faux brick wall, which I hate (probably because we had that in my chilhood kitchen as well) and Rachelle "doesn't mind."
This is the kitchen floor at the end of Day 1. We pulled up the vinyl flooring and scrape off the backing paper.
This is the kitchen floor at the end of Day 2 (Monday). Rachelle has laid all the tile, I was in charge of spackle.The original flooring can be seen still on the floor of the dining area at the bottom of the picture.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck, m'man. You do realize that kitchen renovation can destroy a relationship, don't you? It looks good so far.

Just remember these magic words:

"You know, baby, I think you're right."

With the proper emphasis and timing, this phrase could very well save your life...

2:54 PM  
Blogger Mistah Wade said...

Thanks for your comment Theron. It is nice to have a new visitor.
I will have to switch to your suggested phrase since "Fine, do whatever YOU want" has not had positive results.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Stacie Ponder said...

Wow, awesome! You guys aren't wasting any time "customizing". I'm totally jealous.

I can't wait to see this place!!!

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home