Monday, May 01, 2006

Draft Day Laugh!

Saturday was the NFL draft. My brother called me, very excited, wondering who the Eagles would get. (side note - analysts say the Eagles had the second best draft of the day (second to Denver who acquired Javon Walker to move up in the second round)) He brough up an amazingly funny story that I had forgotten about. So here it is for all to hopefully enjoy...
During this past football season a group of us were hanging out discussing recent events. One such event was Vinny Testeverde's return to the Jets. It was speculated that the Jet's coach had been recently planning Madden '02 and so impressed with Vinny's game performance, decided to call him up and strike the deal. Then we wondered what would have happened had the coach gotten a hold of my copy of Madden '02. "Who is this Wade character? He is amazing. Leads the league in sacks and interceptions. He is a solid 99 rating" he might say as he played within my custom league. "Get this Wade guy on the phone and get him to the Meadowlands. He might just save the Jets!"
After reminding me of this conversation that had us rolling in the aisles, Bart (that's my brother) asked "Gotten any calls to enter the draft?"
We laughed. We cried. Then I took a dump.
E.A.G.L.E.S. EAGLES!
"Who is this Wade character?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home