Wednesday, October 11, 2006

New Link!

As I have stated before I LOVE CARTOONS! I watch cartoons every day and every night. I try and buy cartoons to expand my collection but my recent entrance into home ownership has limited my spending significantly. I tried the legally questionable hobby of burning dvds but many companies are making it more and more difficult to copy such materials. Which brings us to Cartoon Network (who kept me from copying and burning their dvds with their magic-like technology)! What started as a mecca for Hanna Barbera cartoons evolved quickly into a launch pad for new and innovative animation. Dexter's Lab, Johnny Bravo, and Cow & Chicken started the new Cartoon Cartoon world of cartoon network. This venue led to astounding shows like Powerpuff Girls, Samurai Jack and Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends. These shows are both adult appealing, artistic and kid friendly.

The late evening line-up of Adult Swim, introduces viewers to great past cartoons that couldn't find a market, such as Futurama (Matt Groening's other creation set 1000 years in the future), Oblongs (a witty satirical look at societies shortcomings created by Angus Oblong and Family Guy (which was revived by Adult Swim) and brilliant new cartoons targetting the growing adult viewing interest in cartoons, such as Harvey Birdman: Attorney At Law (featuring the classic Hanna-Barbera characters with a new twist), Sealab 2021 (a re-editing of a short-lived 1972 HB production), Robot Chicken (stop animation with action figures created by Seth Green and Matt Senreich) and Venture Brothers (my personal favorite; a twisted combo of the Hardy Boys and Johnny Quest).

Sadly these cartoons tend to run after the kiddies are put to bed but also when I have to crash in order to get my beauty rest for the next day. Solution one, is I go out and buy the seasons on DVD since they are readily available for approximately $30 apiece and embedded with code to block burning. The problem with this solution is, as mentioned before, I have no money. Fortunately, Adult Swim has created Fix, where an early to bed, penny pinching person can legally access and freely watch missed episodes.

A lot of words to tell you to check out Adult Swim Fix.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home