Tuesday, October 10, 2006

New Level...

... of geekiness.
Thanks to the advice of my students, I have finally joined the world of RuneScape. In this fantasy world you complete quests and increase levels by doing menial tasks such as mining ore, chopping down trees, starting fires and cooking. You can also gain experience points by battling and killing things. Since you start out pretty weak, you spend most of your time killing chickens, cows, rats and goblins. An occassional innocent human bystander can be slaughter if tthey annoy you. After hours and hours of gameplay I have increased my level to 21. Which means I can do more and more menial things and kill more powerful benign enemies. Oddly this seems a lot like life (except the killing) and for some reason I am just as stressed in RuneScape as I am in real life. I guess it is kind of like medievil Sims (which I never played because what is the point... we play the game of life everyday, though I guess someone's Sim life could be much better). Anyway, if you are a gamer on RuneScape come and visit me. Add me to your friend list. Give me cool wapons and armor. Help me with quests. Go get a beer with me. My name is Mistahwade. I am a non-member, because I am too cheap to pay for anything. If this blog cost me money you would not be reading it right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home